giovedì 27 maggio 2010

Ehhh... where am I?


Have you ever have to deal with someone who lost his memory?
It happened to me once during a night shift.
I was doing my work when around midnight of a busy night two ladies steped to the far end of the reception. They tried to get my attention with a few “Hello” and “Excuse me”. I must admit that at first I didn’t even notice them and that when I did I was a bit irritated. Why couldn’t they come closer to me when they were seeing that I was working on my computer? I was about to find out the reason.
I went over to them. One tall blond lady wearing a skirt and a blouse and a more petite lady wearing…. Well, at first I thought she was wearing a business suit until I noticed that in fact she was wearing only a large jacket. And that was it!
I was baffled and out of embarrassment I looked at the “dressed” lady who started to explain the situation. She was coming back from a dinner with colleagues and was going up to her room via the staircase. There, much to her surprise I think, she found the second lady. Completely naked and with no clue what she was doing there. Thinking of it, it was a funny situation. But that night I was just wondering in which big mess I was being thrown. Drug scandal? Rape? Prostitution?
I looked at the half naked lady again and she started asking me where she was. Which city, which hotel… Man, this must be a prank! Where are the hidden cameras? Questions like these are only asked in movies!
At least she managed to mumble her name and I was relieved in finding out that she was actually one of our guests.
I couldn’t possible leave the reception at that time and the first lady offered to accompany our “Miss nakedness” up to her room. I guess she was starting getting worried about her jacket.
When she came back I asked her if she had noticed anything strange in the room. Alcohol, drugs, pills… Luckily that was not the case.
The rest of the night was more on the normal side. But I took care to ask the night cleaner to check all floors and staircases for naked ladies. He was more than happy to oblige and even a bit disappointed when he didn’t find anybody wandering around.
At the end of my shift I explained my colleagues the situation and asked them to check on the guest later during the morning. Then I went home to sleep, but as soon as I woke up I called the hotel to have some news about my latest friend. Apparently the strangest thing that happened was that she actually checked out acting as nothing had ever happened.
Well, maybe she forgot…

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento